Translate

Saturday, January 13, 2018

January 13 (Remove the I'M from Impossible) - Free Indeed - Abundant Living After Abuse



January 13



Many years ago I came to realize that I have gotten in God's way. You see, sometimes I'd believe that something’s were just too IMpossible to comprehend (i.e. people, statistics, marriage and life in general). It was the little “i” that believes that I can do all things—by myself and without Christ, then wondered why things didn't work out at all. Have you ever felt this way?

Several years ago it hit me, the “IMpossible” is easy to achieve when I remove the— (I’M) part and let God do what He does best…the possible. I had to stop saying things like I’m in control of my life or destiny, I’m in charge of all that is around me, I’m here on this planet because I have the power to be. “I’m” was really getting in a great deal of trouble thinking this way. I call it faulty thinking.

I’m humble enough to say, I’m not in control of everything including the impossible but God is, for with God all things are possible but the little “i’M” must be willing to be removed so that the possible will manifest through Christ.

Today, the little “i’M” is quiet and letting God be in control of my life and that feels pretty awesome!!! Of course, being human the "i'M" does come out at times and then God shows me the impossible and I am humbled once again. Reality CHECK! It was God that said "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 it is not me who said that I know all the plans that I have for me. Don't get me wrong, it is good to have goals and plans in our lives. What I am referring to is that our plans and goals should keep Christ in the center of them. Thank God he knows the plans because sometimes I can really drop the ball.

Choose to remove the IM in impossible and let God do all the possible in your life. Healing from past abuses can be possible. Just ask God, he will tell you.




No comments:

FAITH- Was The Apostle Paul Bi-Polar?

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”. Hebrews 1:1 In a world with so many uncerta...