Translate

Sunday, January 14, 2018

January 14 (Intelligent Designer & Free Will) - Free Indeed - Abundant Living After Abuse



January 14
Have you noticed that change is in the air? Something is happening around the world.Yes, the signs are evident. Something is happening in the world, increase of abuses, civil unrest, wars, rumors of wars, and plenty of delusions. So, who is in control?  Someone great must be in control. 

When you held your child in your arms for the first time, did you stop to wonder how it was that your spermatozoa and your wife's egg together could form a little tiny blessing?  Did it not give you sense of awe? It should have because life did not come from nothing. Someone greater that you and I was and is the Master Planner. 

When you gaze at a sunset does it not show the splendor of a Great Painter? When you yearn for someone to love you those desires were orchestrated by an Intelligent Designer because he knew your need to love and be loved. Unfortunately, there are ruthless sons and daughters of the oppressor (Satan) who uses  people to hurt people by breaking their hearts and spirit. The Bible states in John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Our Creator said that what is happening today would be occurring.  Why? Because our Creator created humanity with the power of choice. Everyone on this planet has the power of choice which differentiate us from animals. We humans can choose good over evil but when we are not truly connected to our Creator we set ourselves up for failure.

As a survivor of sexual abuse,  we experienced first hand the face of evil. Sometimes when we have been abused we direct our anger and hatred toward The Creator for the evil he allowed us to go through but it wasn't God, Jesus or the Holy Spirit that caused us to suffer.  It was man and his free will. Our Creator was always with us, crying with us and sharing our pain. His heart broke when yours broke. We as survivors have a free will as well. We could choose to begin to heal or choose to remain broken. We could choose to forgive or choose to hate. It is your choice and it is never easy to forgive those who abused you particularly if the sexual abuse was by someone you loved and trusted or a pastor or spiritual leader but it can happen. True healing can happen through Christ.

Several years ago I asked God to show me that I have truly forgiven my abuser since the ministry that he gave me was on forgiveness after abuse. Well, be careful what you ask for because several months later I was given that opportunity twice. The first time was running into one molester in church. The abuse happened in New York when I wad 5 years old and ran into the abuser when I wad 45 and he was at my church in California. 

First thing I did is that I gave him a hug and he did not have a clue as to who I was. I felt no anger, hatred, or bitterness toward him. Let me stop here for a moment to say that healing looks different to everyone. Healing must first take place and time or we could place ourselves in danger. Seek Christian counselor that could help you through this process.

The next one had to take place because it seemed too easy so I asked God to test me again when he is ready. Well, almost 2 months went by and I was invited to a wedding in Palm Springs. Everyone in my family was at this wedding and unbeknownst to me was the man who sodomized me at 8 years of age and who also physically abused me. 

I need for you to understand what I am saying. I  sat in the same room with my molester and rapist in the same year and almost 2 month's apart  and I had only peace in my heart. People could not understand this and even questioned if these abuses did happen. What can I say, they expect me to wear my emotions on my sleeves but one thing they don't know is the Son frees you from your past through healing then you are free indeed.

I had forgiven each one because God has forgiven me BUT that does not mean that we are all going to sing kumba ya together and forget about it. It simply means that I have reported them to the local authorities and moved on, and now that is between God and them.  

We are all going to go through some stuff some worse than others. Are you willing to allow the Intelligent Designer, Creator, Lord and Savior heal you? It is your call and your free will to choose.




No comments:

FAITH- Was The Apostle Paul Bi-Polar?

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”. Hebrews 1:1 In a world with so many uncerta...