Translate

Saturday, January 6, 2018

January 6 (Interceptors At The Door Part II) - Free Indeed - Abundant Living After Abuse



January 6



In 1996, I was traveling from San Diego, CA to Riverside County to visit my father one particular weekend. I had taken the greyhound and was dressed down for the trip to avoid any issues. I thought since I was arriving without notice chances were that my father would not be home and since he lived on the same block of the Church, I thought why not visit the church that afternoon. You see, I have been in and out of the church for quite some time and even left for a more liberal and charismatic church, so why not come home and see what the old church is up to. As I entered the corridors, I learned that there was a visiting church and they were having worship. Mind you, I was not dressed for church but, I decided to attend and carry my duffel bag with me. Unfortunately, people would look at me and not say a word. They would speak with people next to me or in front of me but not to me. I became frustrated and then, I remember as to why I had left the church in the first place, it was because of the people because of interceptors at the doorTheir pious and judgmental attitude deterred me from wanting to go back. So, by their actions, who were they intercepting for? Was it for Christ of was it for His enemy? 


After an hour, I called my father’s house and heard that he had made it home. I left with a distaste toward the church. The following weekend, my father invited me to return and support my sister as she was going to sing at a specific church. Hence, the following weekend I went dressed to impress and to support my little sister.  Well, to my surprise I was at the church that was visiting the church down the street from my father’s home the weekend prior. The very same people were there and after my sister sang and while everyone were giving her accolades, a couple who last week would not look at me and ignored me spoke with me and told me that I am welcome to come to that church anytime. This was the opportunity that I was waiting for. I told the couple that they had met me before. Of course they could not recall where, so, I reminded them, I was the woman sitting at the corner with my travel clothing and duffel bag…THEY WERE ASHAMED!!!


They were interceptors and had no clue as to how their actions could deter someone from truly knowing Jesus Christ.  Their emotions showed me that if I did not look like them, acted like them or wore the same clothes as they did then I was not worth being spoken to. They bought into Satan’s lie (pride) and were intercepting for him. Question, are we not being interceptors when we judge others, and if we are then who are we intercepting for? Is it Christ or Satan, only you can answer that question? Are we letting our emotions, our past experiences or abuse ruin our lives and the lives others?


After this incident, I left religion completely. After all, people who caused me a great deal of pain and abuse were from so “called” Christians. Praise the Lord that after healing from my abuses I began to see these individuals with pity and sadness. For the record, I am not a saint I have been an interceptor for Satan and I am not proud of that, so this post is also for me. I have come to realize that when I am not focused on the prize and lean on my own understanding, I too can intercept for the enemy's team. So what does an interceptor for Christ looks like? The Bible shows who real interceptors for Him are and what length they would go to get someone to the feet of Jesus. When I came back to the Lord in 2004, I surrendered all bitterness and malice that I had toward so “called” Christians and non-Christians alike but, the Lord placed a burden in my heart that focuses on forgiveness and unity. Now equipped with the Word and faith in Christ, I have learned that we need to become interceptors for Christ to break down walls, roofs and glass castles so that we can empower others who have been abused, who are hurting and who are sick in spirit and bring them to feet of Jesus.


The Bible has an amazing story of some great interceptors. In Mark 2:3-11 shows what interceptors do“A few days later, when Jesus again entered Capernaum, the people heard that he had come home. So many gathered that there was no room left, not even outside the door, and he preached the word to them. Some men came, bringing to him a paralytic, carried by four of them. Since they could not get him to Jesus because of the crowd, they made an opening in the roof above Jesus and, after digging through it, lowered the mat the paralyzed man was lying on. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, "Son, your sins are forgiven." 

These interceptors for Christ were trying to get this broken person to Jesus. Think about this for a moment…they broke into someone’s property. This person meant so much to them that they did the unthinkable. We do not know why the Lord said to this paralyzed man “your sins are forgiven” and it does not matter. Since they could not get him to Jesus because of the crowd, they made an opening in the roof above Jesus and, after digging through it, lowered the paralyzed man, they were emotionally tied to this man and because of their faith in Christ, they did not let their emotions be wavered but rather helped this individual.  Their faith, the faith of the interceptors got this sick man to the foot of Jesus Christ and he was healed. 


Now, how many of us today, would cut up someone’s roof to bring them to Christ? How many of us including me, would risk getting slapped with a lawsuit to bring someone to the feet of our Lord and Savior? Are we emotionally unsecured about our walk with God that we do not have faith enough to help others?


Interceptors in the Bible…

  • Jesus, the greatest interceptor, He went out of His way to meet with the Woman at the WELL…she was intercepted by Christ.
  • Rehab the prostitute, she was an interceptor.
  • Tamar, King David’s daughter, raped and discarded at the door, she was intercepted by Amnon.
  • Lot in Sodom and Gomorrah, he was intercepted by the angels.
  • Jonah, he was intercepted by a fish, kept in the belly until God saw fit to release him.
  • Adam and Eve, intercepted by Satan BUT CHRIST intercepted Satan’s evil plot at the cross so that we may have salvation. Amen?!!!

Today, would you choose to be an interceptor for Christ emotionally, spiritually and mentally? I encourage everyone to look at themselves and ask, which interceptor am I? 

Is it for Christ or his enemy? How can I become more effective interceptor in a defective world? Will Jesus see our faith? 

No comments:

FAITH- Was The Apostle Paul Bi-Polar?

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”. Hebrews 1:1 In a world with so many uncerta...