Translate

Sunday, January 7, 2018

January 7 (Stop Talking Mess) - Free Indeed - Abundant Living After Abuse



January 7


How often have you had issues with someone talking mess on social media or among themselves about you and feeling extremely angry to the point that you are fuming? People blasting your business after you told someone in confidentiality what you were going through is humiliating. You were betrayed and it is a tough place to be in. Another example I can use is how about a person (s) knowing what kind of life you led before you rededicated your life back to Christ and now that you are doing God’s business, they don’t let you forget where it is that you came from? These people who do this I call them “spiritual vampires.” Whether these people know it or not, they suck the very life-force out of you. So if you are going through something like this, I want you to not give up on God!!! 


The Bible states that “we all have sinned and fall short for of the glory of God” and gossiping is a sin. My confession to you is that I have been on both sides of the spectrum and let me assure you, that when I was talking about others, it was out of what I thought was “love, compassion and sisterly love” but that was far from the truth. I used “Christianity” to talk about others and to “pray” for them when all the while I was hurting them. I am ashamed that I have done that in the past. Don't know why I did it because being talked about broke my heart and at times I was a mess, especially when the ones talking about me were also doing the same…“Christian love.” It was not fun being at the receiving end of malicious gossip. 


The Bible says in 1 Peter 3:16 “keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander” and often I was ashamed of my slander (gossip) because it came back to haunt me. In fact, my grandmother would often say, “if the foundation in your relationships is built on gossip, then your relationship will inevitably end up in gossip.”
 

As I have mentioned before, hurting people hurt people and gossip is a vicious cycle. By the way, where do you think gossip first sprang up? Probably if you are a man reading this question, you may be thinking that gossiping started with a bunch of women. Well...you are wrong. So, please allow me to define what gossip means to me. Gossip is talking about someone and their business without their knowledge and with malicious intent. This intent is to cause damage or pain. Gossip can be unintentional or intentional but the end result is still the same pain. 


So, here is a story. There was once a perfect being and he began to get a bit jealous of his Master. In time, he began to talk about his Master to the rest of other perfect beings and then one day he had a third of these perfect being believe in a lie. Does this story sound familiar? Well, the other hint is that gossip did not begin on earth but rather it began in Heaven. Yes, you read correctly. Heaven was the place and Lucifer now (Satan) was the instigator. He wanted Jesus’s position in heaven. 

The Bible states that Christ knew what his creation was thinking “How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.” Isaiah 14:12-14 but Jesus gave Lucifer what he has given us humans...free choice.


Lucifer’s hate and jealousy started in his heart and then because of these rogue feelings Lucifer began to talk about Christ to the other angels. This is how he was able to take a third of the angels with him at his dreaded fall from grace. This story really impacted me because gossiping first began in Heaven as a result from hatred and jealousy. This led me to do something outside of my comfort zone. In the Spring of 2015, I began to go back to people whom I have hurt through gossip many years ago. Some our relationship started in gossip and they wanted to remain in gossip while others were accepting and moved on at peace. 


My conscious is clear and I have been clean and sober from gossiping and closer to God. I had to come to God and confess my sins and he cleansed me. If you have had issues with gossiping, it is never too late to come to the Lord. You can be anew again but first confess your sins to Christ. The Bible says in 1 John 1:9 “but if we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous, forgiving us our sins and cleansing us from all unrighteousness.”
 

So, stop talking mess of others and spring into a new you through Christ and see what possibilities await you. 

No comments:

FAITH- Was The Apostle Paul Bi-Polar?

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”. Hebrews 1:1 In a world with so many uncerta...