Translate

Monday, February 12, 2018

(A Diligent Heart) - Free Indeed - Abundant Living After Abuse




The word diligent means to me to be carefully conscientious of how I perform an action whether physically or in matters of my heart.  Once I returned to my Creator in 2004, I had to make some serious decisions but it was not me who led me to make these decisions but rather the leading of the Holy Spirit. Otherwise, without the Holy Spirit, I would not want to make any REAL changes on my own. Real in the sense that true healing comes from the Lord and therefore the natural woman would not choose real healing unless led by the Holy Ghost. More on the Holy Ghost and the heart will be posted in a future.

When real healing takes place in one’s life, a person will be able to forgive their abusers. This is most difficult in our own power but through the power of the Holy Spirit we can overcome everything. God does not expect us to forget what we have gone through for it is only human to remember unless for some reason a person is diagnosed with a memory loss (i.e. dementia, Alzheimer, traumatic brain injury or other) we will remember. Hence, remembering will be a part of our lives, what is most important to remember about recalling experiences from our negative past is the emotions behind the recollection of the memory.

For example, as I have mentioned before, sometimes I remember things because they were triggered by a present event like recently a baby died as a result of being raped by her babysitter. These things do still happen but when I remember, I keep in mind that what happened in the past is in the past and God has healed me and now I am a voice for those who do not have a voice. Bottom line, I no longer want revenge for what has happened to me nor have any hatred toward my abusers because I have forgiven them. When I returned to my Creator I gave him my all, that included my memories, feelings and emotions and most importantly I gave him my heart. 

Now, I watch over my heart with diligence because from my heart comes springs of life Proverbs 4:23. I am not saying that I do not have any trials or tribulations. In fact, right at this moment, I am going through some major trials but, I am guarding my heart by remembering what my Creator said “These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulations; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

Because my Creator forewarned me that I would be having tribulations I am taking safeguards to protect my heart by leaning every so closely to Him. What is even more amazing of this verse is the fact that He says “I have overcome the world.” That should give us hope to move forward in our healing process. 

If your desire is to have springs of water flow from your heart, you can today by asking our Creator to give you a new mind, the Bible says “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.” Romans 12:2

The rest of the world may not believe in the Creator-God of the Heavens, the Universe and Humanity, nor believe in His Son Jesus Christ nor in the Holy Spirit-the Comforter, but that is okay. If you really want to heal from your past, you can do so by accepting Christ into your heart. Don’t be conformed to this world, it does not have anything to offer you. 

Remember, “Watch over your heart with all diligence, For from it flow the springs of life.” Proverbs 4:23 

Choose today to watch over your heart and He will make your path straight.

No comments:

FAITH- Was The Apostle Paul Bi-Polar?

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”. Hebrews 1:1 In a world with so many uncerta...