Translate

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

(Holy Spirit and our Hearts) - Free Indeed - Abundant Living After Abuse



Have you ever found yourself praying over and over again asking for your pain to stop? Pain from your past hurts or even in your present situation keep coming and it seems that they won’t ever end and you pray and pray and to no avail? Sometimes it may seem that in our prayers, we cannot even voice our pain just simply cry and groan because there are no words. We need to be comforted but that never comes and our hearts continue to sink deeper and deeper into a state of devastation. If you feel this way or you have felt this way, please remember that we are in a war. 

In any war, whether it is spiritual and or physical, there will be casualties. Some will lose limbs, and even their lives; however, our armor prepares us, spiritually, to be on alert, and when the time comes for our war to be finished on this earth, our battle would not have been in vain.We must remember that our minds are in constant war with the enemy and hits us where we hurt the most which is our hearts as well.  Most of the battle between God and Satan is for the possession of our mind, body, heart and soul. Both want our allegiance however; Satan demands our allegiance while the Creator gives us the free will to choose Him.

That is why Satan continues to use our past; it’s the strongest tactic he can use against us.   He uses our past to control us, if he succeeds in trapping us with our past experiences and pain, then he has won the battle. The battle of the mind is real and detrimental to our wholeness.Prayer is a constant communication with our heavenly Father and King, to keep us on the right track. He might not answer immediately, but He always does. I stress again and again, along with prayer, survivors should get to know the Word. 

There is good news! Our comfort from all our pain, infirmities and sad past can be alleviated through the Comforter. When we find ourselves in the midst of a heavy war and we cannot pray but just groan know what the Bible says about The Holy Spirit and our Hearts “Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.” Romans 8:26-27 

This is amazing news! In addition, in order for me to effectively fight Satan, I have to be able to be filled by the Holy Spirit to be able to effectively to use my sword (the Word) because that is my ammunition. Becoming knowledgeable of the Holy Spirit, reading the Word each day, and learning verses will give you ammunition when the time comes to combat Satan.
How important is to be filled with the Holy Spirit and my sword to me? Several years ago, I had given my Bible (sword) to a sister in church, who was to refurbish it for me. So, I was using another Bible that I was not accustomed to using.  Basically, this Bible was not “broken in” like my older Bible. It was a bit awkward because I was used to pulling out my Faithful Sword and easily finding scriptures. 

Well, one day I had to fight someone’s demon with what I could remember. The battle lasted about forty minutes. You see, I was renting a room from a young lady for several months while we were looking for a house to rent.One day this young lady came to me and gave me some pills because she was afraid that she would take her life. She said that something was pushing her to end her life. She then turned around and went into her room. When I walked into her bathroom which was adjacent to her master bedroom, something told me to go into her bedroom. Sure enough, there was a demonic force over her bed and the room. I grabbed my newest Bible but I could not find my passages.

Most of my favorite passages were marked in my older Bible and I had to reach into the index of my mind to retrieve what I knew. Through Christ, the Holy Spirit I was able to fight this demon and he came back with accusations and condemnation. Now, let us think about this for a moment, if I had not been prepared, what do you think would have been the outcome? I say this story because we are in a battle and prayer, reading the Bible and surrendering to Christ is important.  

In fact, you cannot retrieve something you never had, and if you’ve never had the Word rooted in your mind, how can you fight against Satan?  What I remember about this battle is one question that the demon kept asking me, “Who are you?” I had to tell him that I was a daughter of Jesus Christ. He kept asking under what authority I came to him. I told him that I came under the banner of my Lord, Jesus Christ who shed His blood for me on Calvary’s cross. He began to remind me of my past sins, as well as my present sins. I told him, “My sins are forgiven, thus says the Lord, my God, and they are cast in the bottom of the ocean. And as for sins that I am not aware of, I come to the foot of the cross now and confess them.” 

This young lady saw the battle for herself, and threw herself on her knees. She began praying for her life, she could not utter much other than asking forgiveness and asking Jesus come into her heart. That night she could have perished. After 45 plus minutes of being in a battle with this demon by praying and claiming the Word, the demon left. Unfortunately, as the demon left, we did not notice that the small female dog in the room ended up being a host to the demon and overnight she attacked the other dogs in the home and inevitably had to be put to sleep. 

The Holy Spirit moves our spirit so that we can move into prayer when we cannot utter a word, and it is he who makes interception for us when we can speak of what our hearts are experiencing. Trust Him today and allow the Holy Spirit to be an intercessor for you today.

No comments:

FAITH- Was The Apostle Paul Bi-Polar?

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”. Hebrews 1:1 In a world with so many uncerta...