Translate

Saturday, February 10, 2018

(My Cheating Heart) Free Indeed - Abundant Living After Abuse




Did you know that our hearts can deceive us? Under duress, betrayal lack of sleep, poor eating habits or hurtful situations can cause our hearts to do the unimaginable like things that you wouldn't do and the things you should you don't do. 

There was a time that I allowed my heart to govern me because of pain and suffering. The things that I have done were not the best of decisions. My heart betrayed me and because of unresolved issues my heart cheated me. Of course the heart is connected to my mind and the way my heart cheated me is that I allowed myself to listen to chatter in my mind.

Let me give you a quick example...many years ago and before I came to the Lord I had issues with racism. Unfortunately, I was the racist one. Well one day I was running late for work and had to take the bus because my car broke down. Well, I was half way to work and sat comfortably at my seat. I started to look around to see who were on the bus and this good looking guy made eye contact with me. He had dark hair, blue eyes and he was very distinguished. He smiled at me and I returned the smile.

My stop came up and I got off the bus and so did this young man. So far so good, there were others at the bus stop and they were talking among themselves but this young man was alone so I approached him from behind to ask him for the time. I said excuse me several times but he ignored me. By this time I was extremely angry and I made some racist comments and caused a scene. I did not care because no one was going to diss me like that.

Anyway, after I made my commotion and everyone was looking at me, I composed myself and walked away from the young man. Suddenly, I saw another young man walking toward the guy I just insulted and he physically tapped the young man. When the young man turned around they both began to do sign language. The young man was deaf!!! He wasn’t racist, I was. 

Everyone who saw me insulting the young man earlier were all now looking at me and chuckling. How embarrassing! I allowed the chatter in my mind rule my heart and betray me through my emotions. The Bible says "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" Jeremiah 17:9

If our hearts are not in tuned with our Creator we will do things that we would not normally just like Paul in the Bible, he said "For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do." Romans 7:19

Hence, my cheating heart how can I know it? Well, our Lord knows it and asking Him to show us how are hearts are deceiving us is the beginning toward healing with the leading of the Holy Spirit. As for being a racist, God took care of that when I returned back into His loving arms. 

Is your heart deceiving you? Ask God today!

No comments:

FAITH- Was The Apostle Paul Bi-Polar?

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”. Hebrews 1:1 In a world with so many uncerta...