Translate

Sunday, February 11, 2018

(Trust & Your Heart) - Free Indeed - Abundant Living After Abuse



Have you ever thought of doing something and you have done your research, did your due diligence and knew without a shadow of doubt that you were on the right track only to fail? I have had my share of failing moments and honestly, no one ever gets used to the feeling. You know the same thing happens when we meet someone and we believe that they are best for us because we lean on our own understanding, and in time the person shows their true colors. 

I remember getting angry with God because I ended up with an alcoholic husband. I would ask God, wasn’t my childhood bad enough, so why do I have to have a bad marriage? Well, the answer was quite simple, of course, I could not understand it back then, but now, I do. No one told me to get involved with an alcoholic. I did that on my own. Had I waited and had faith in God, I would have had a better life back then, but I did not trust in the Lord.

When we are abused, sometimes or most often, we do not think things through because we want change, happiness, and security now. When our hearts have not been healed, we are desperate to find answers to stop the pain from our past. If you are in this situation at the moment and must make a decision, I ask you to stop and think it through and ask yourself “am I trusting in the Lord with all my heart, and am I leaning on my own understanding; in all my ways am I submitting myself to Him and am I allowing him to make my path straight?” Proverbs 3:5-6

In April 3, 2014, I had only $5.00 in my checking account and I wanted to buy 2 organic avocados for $5.00. So, I decided to trust God in the small stuff. So, I brought up my request in prayer and asked God if I could purchase the two avocados. After I finished praying, the answer came very quickly…NO. I was appalled, I wanted the 2 avocados, so, I modified my request and asked again. The answer was still NO. I got angry with God and I asked him what he had against avocados. Well, he did not respond.

Several days later, I called my friend in Fallbrook, California to let her know that my husband was finally getting baptized and that we are doing well. I asked her how she was doing and left it at that. Well, on April 16th I received a package from my friend and inside was a check for $100.00. We were surprised indeed! I know what you may be thinking, now that I have more money I can purchase more avocados right? No! Well, without me telling her anything about avocados, she sent me over 40 avocados from her personal orchard. She had no idea that I wanted avocados. 

You see, I was attempting to lean on my own understanding but God had other plans. I had to go back and apologize to the Lord because I began to trust him in lip services but not in heart service.

My question to you today, is what is dictating your decisions right at this moment is it from pain, desperation or is it by trusting in His heart? Baby steps in healing are to trust God in the small stuff. What can you give God today that you can afford to trust him? 

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

FAITH- Was The Apostle Paul Bi-Polar?

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”. Hebrews 1:1 In a world with so many uncerta...