Translate

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

(Holy Spirit & Being Filled) - Free Indeed - Abundant Living After Abuse


Many years ago, I believed that once saved, always saved. That quickly changed for me. You see, I had been dating a dashing young pastor who sought me until I finally gave into his suave talk. He was young and so was I and I was extremely ignorant and foolish to boot. You see, I was in a valley of spiritual confusion and I wanted to do what I wanted to do because I had the Word of God twisted in my heart. So, when Satan placed this young man in my path, I was truly punished for disobeying God. The Bible says “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.” Hosea 4:6

I had rejected knowledge and paid a very heavy price for it. One thing we must remember, God does not change his law for anyone and if he did, he would not be God. I say this because for so many, we believe that once we come to Christ and once we experience the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that once is enough but that is far from the truth. Just like a person recovering from cancer, just because their cancer was removed, does that mean they should go back to their old habits that caused them to have a low immune system that caused them to get cancer? Heavens no! They will have to work on changing their lifestyle. 

Much like being saved…we all sin and fall short of His glory, hence, we all have to come to Christ and ask for forgiveness for our sins. It is a continual process, that is why the Bible states I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.” 1 Corinthians 15:31. Dying daily means that we come to Christ daily and ask for forgiveness, guidance and ask that through the Holy Spirit we will grow in Christ. Remember, it is not in our power that we seek Christ, but through the leading and prompting of the Holy Spirit that we thirst for the Living Word which is Jesus Christ. 

We are “to put off your old self” Ephesians 4:22 again, this is not through our own power but through the Holy Spirit. In doing so, we are no longer trying to strive in those things that were from the former life which was corruption and deceitfulness, but rather through the Holy Spirit, we are victorious because our minds are renewed in Him and that is how we become a new self. So, once saved is not always saved but rather once saved and diligent in the things of God, we will be in the spirit of grace which keeps us in the presence of our Lord and Savior. The Bible says “and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.Ephesians 4:24

Does this mean that I am perfect? No, it just means that I know where to go and draw perfect love, forgiveness and strength which is through the Holy Spirit. The Bible says be filled with the Spirit” or “let yourself be continu­ally and repeatedly refilled with the Spirit”. Eph. 5:18

In your healing process, you will be faced with doubt, anger, sometimes you may even feel alone, when this happens, reach out to the Holy Spirit so that you can be renewed and refilled. If we ever needed the Holy Spirit’s power, it is now. Don’t wait! Ask Him and he will make a way for you to continue to heal. 

Should you desire to read more about the Holy Spirit and want to begin a real personal relationship with the Holy Spirit and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I invite you to the following webpage where you can find a free PDF book on the Holy Spirit by author Helmut Haubeil in any language Steps To Personal Revival 


No comments:

FAITH- Was The Apostle Paul Bi-Polar?

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”. Hebrews 1:1 In a world with so many uncerta...