Translate

Thursday, March 29, 2018

(Holy Spirit & Certainty) - Free Indeed - Abundant Living After Abuse


In 1985, I was in labor having my first child. My labor was induced and I had to have my little baby a couple of weeks earlier than I had planned. As I was lying on the bed and with full contractions, I began to get extremely thirst and wanted to drink. I called the nurse to see if I could get a glass of water because I was parched. To my surprise, she said that I could not have water but that I could have a sponge on a stick to suck out the water. I agreed and I began to suck little by little water from this little sponge. Each drop, I savored as if it was the last drop of water in the whole world. 

This may seem like an exaggeration to you, but this was my perception at the time. I was in pain and I was thirsty and those two combinations put me in a crisis. This was my first pregnancy and I did not know what else to do. The contractions got closer to each other and finally, the next morning, I gave birth. What a relief, and I honestly, did not think much of the pain and being thirsty once the baby was born. I was amazed that this little bundle of joy was mine and only mine. She was a gift, and I moved on with life.

When we are in the process of healing, we must really have faith that we will get through the hardest hurdles which are the hurdles in our minds. Our minds, our pains, our memories have captured ever essence of pain, every noise, nuisances, smells which tax our five senses. We cannot move forward because these hurdles may seem as if they are strongholds and for most, these hurdles create strongholds (bitterness, hatred, un-forgiveness, self-centeredness, and negative emotions) and the list can go on and on. But, it is when we have had enough and that we are thirsty for peace of mind, a happy life, and a life without strongholds that we need to ask the Holy Spirit to lead us into a stronger relationship with Jesus. It is Jesus that will heal us, the Bible says “And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.” 1 John 5:15

Think if you will, you have been in pain all your life or since your abuse began, you see others prospering, living lives of abundance including your abusers but you cannot seem to get out of the place that you have been placed in by others. Just imagine, a day, a week, a month and finally years without having to be in pain any longer, would you ask the very source that can give you the Living Water that can quench your painful thirst?

It is in this area of our journey that we can know with CERTAINTY that Christ has the Healing Power to free us from our past pain and renew our minds. But there is a strong catch to this…we must know that means with CERTAINTY that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. The Holy Spirit’s job is to help us know Christ, develop a deep relationship with Christ so that we know “that all things work together for good” Romans 8:28

When we finally have a breakthrough with The Holy Spirit, our past pain will be where they need to be, in the past, in time, we will not have the pain, we will still remember, but the pain will not be the same. Why? Because we have given birth to a new you in Christ, we are born again in Him and through Him. 

Should you desire to read more about the Holy Spirit and want to begin a real personal relationship with the Holy Spirit and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I invite you to the following webpage where you can find a free PDF book on the Holy Spirit by author Helmut Haubeil in any language Steps To Personal Revival 


No comments:

FAITH- Was The Apostle Paul Bi-Polar?

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”. Hebrews 1:1 In a world with so many uncerta...