Translate

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

(Holy Spirit & Faith) - Free Indeed - Abundant Living After Abuse



When I was going through my healing journey, I never thought that I could forgive others and also, I never thought that I could forgive Christ for allowing bad things to happen to me. However, I knew that if I really wanted to truly heal, I had to trust in someone bigger than me. Hate and rebellion in me was so great that I could not see how I could be released from these negative emotions. It was my desire to be saved but, I could not go to Christ. It was not until I was inspired by the Holy Spirit to search the scriptures and then I came upon this verse “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” John 14:6

The first step was to pray for guidance. Second step was to search the scriptures. Third step was to have a listening heart and fourth step was to trust the process. Everything takes time including building a relationship with Christ. During the first year, I took time to learn about Jesus and what He should mean to me. In time, the Holy Spirit was leading me into a stronger bond with Jesus and building my faith because without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.” Hebrews 11:6

Without faith in Christ through the leading of the Holy Spirit, I would never achieve healing from my past abuses. I needed healing and needed the blessing of healing which was and still is today mental wealth. Unlike Abraham, my sanity was by far more important than any riches that father Abraham would have had in his time. I love the Bible verse that says “He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.Galatians 3:14

Through Christ Jesus I am free indeed from past hurts and present ones as well. Your healing can begin or continue when you have faith and trust that the Comforter also known as the Holy Spirit is helping us through our healing journey. There is an old adage that says “the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step” Tzu Lao

  1. First step pray for guidance
  2. Second step search the scriptures
  3. Third step have a listening, learning and willing heart
  4. Fourth step trust God’s promises

When praying, I suggest that you claim His promises. In the post January 21 (Spiritual Weapons For The Battle Part III) I wrote about where to draw your strength which is through Christ. Claiming His promises when in prayer is one of the most effective strategies in our healing journey. The Bible is full of many promises that you can claim in prayer, below are just a few.

Your Strength Comes from GOD

Fear Not He Will Strengthen you
Isaiah 41:10 10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”

Jesus Overcame the World
John 16:33 33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

When You feel faint- He will renew your strength
Isaiah 40:29-31 29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. 30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: 31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint”.

He gives us Wisdom
Proverbs 9:10 10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.”

No Weapon shall prosper
Isaiah 54:17 10No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, And their righteousness is from Me,” Says the Lord.”

As you continue in your healing journey, please remember it is a process but you will not be alone. The Holy Spirit and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is ever so near to comfort us and make us strong.

Should you desire to read more about the Holy Spirit and want to begin a real personal relationship with the Holy Spirit and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I invite you to the following webpage where you can find a free PDF book on the Holy Spirit by author Helmut Haubeil in any language Steps To Personal Revival 


No comments:

FAITH- Was The Apostle Paul Bi-Polar?

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”. Hebrews 1:1 In a world with so many uncerta...