Translate

Sunday, March 18, 2018

(Holy Spirit & Forgiveness) - Free Indeed - Abundant Living After Abuse


The illustration of the tree with the different leaves is to be used as a metaphor that as we allow the Holy Spirit to mold us as the seedlings are planted by Him and through Him, they begin to sprout in your tree. Your tree will bear the fruits that represent our Lord and Savior. So, print out the illustration and add the fruits that you would love to grow on your tree.

During my healing journey, I have been placed in situations by the Holy Spirit so that I may grow. Healing is about growing and in growing, we learn more about ourselves and sometimes we wish we did not know much more because it makes us feel uncomfortable. Well…I am speaking for myself, but if you are human which we know you are, then when we see something that we have done wrong, we most times feel remorse.

As I have mentioned in my previous post, I was a victim of childhood sexual abuse from the age of 5 to the 14 ages of age. I had 11 different molesters and most of them did not know each other. The years of abuse left me broken, confuse, bitter, anger and dangerous. When I mean dangerous, I wanted to kill myself. It was not until I forgave EVERYONE on my lists that I could remember that I began to understand the power of forgiveness. Well, were you aware that in order to really have true forgiveness, it is not by our own power but rather the power of the Spirit of God?

Our hearts in our own power, would never surrender toward forgiveness and if we do it in our own power, it will not be real. Why I say this? Because the many years I have been working with different individuals who claim to have forgiven their abusers, end up right where they started in time. Why I say this, because the spirit behind the forgiveness was not of the Holy Spirit that softens the heart. This journey of forgiveness is not easy by any means. However, it is vital in your healing journey.

Whatever abuse you endured, seek the Holy Spirit to show you the inner matters of your heart. You know, the ones that keep you in the state of un-forgiveness, bitterness and hatred that you may or may not know that their there. Do you desire to have eternal life with Jesus? Do you want to be free indeed from your past? Well, it takes forgiveness to start.

Putting God to the test! In 2011, I asked God to show me if I have truly forgiven my abusers. I was seeking the Holy Spirit to show me and sure enough, in January 2011, I ran into the man who started abusing me when I was five years old. I had not ill feelings for him, in fact, I had forgiven him and have moved on. I no longer had bitterness towards him. But…would I allow him to have children around him? No! That would be irresponsible of me to say the least. After this encounter, the second time that I was faced with another molester was a couple of months after that and the same happened.

Now!!! I am not saying that you are there and neither am I telling you to forgive and forget, however, let see what the Bible says about forgiveness For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. Matthew 6:14-15

Don’t shoot the messenger! The Bible clearly says that we should forgive. This is where the Holy Spirit comes in, if you ask the Holy Spirit to search your heart and soften your heart, he will do so. It may take years for you to get to the point of forgiving, this is truly a process so remember, you are not alone. You have the Comforter. Please let me know where you are at in your healing journey.

Should you desire to read more about the Holy Spirit and want to begin a real personal relationship with the Holy Spirit and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I invite you to the following webpage where you can find a free PDF book on the Holy Spirit by author Helmut Haubeil in any language Steps To Personal Revival 

Spañish Steps To Personal Revival

No comments:

FAITH- Was The Apostle Paul Bi-Polar?

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”. Hebrews 1:1 In a world with so many uncerta...