Translate

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

(Holy Spirit & I Can’t Spirit) - Free Indeed - Abundant Living After Abuse


Throughout my youth and even into my adulthood I have reached moments when I simply could only say I CAN’T do this or do that, I CAN’T face another day or I just CAN’T… In fact, recently, I lost a contract that I had for 7 months. I thought all was going well, I thought that I was finally at a place where I felt as if I was really getting what I deserved for a long time. Six month probation came, my salary jumped and I was on a roll. The contract provided a good income and although it was not as it had been many years ago, I was pleasantly content. However, there was a small price to pay, by accepting this new contract I would be compromising my values and the longer I stayed with this organization, the more I would lose my identity in Christ. But, the money was good. I was forcing myself to go against the grain and now looking hindsight, I believe that God allowed me to have this contract so that I may see where I stand in Him.

For some reason, I could not get the product jargon down. Unfortunately, I was a glorified drug representative for the State. All I had to do is sell the product by giving the pitch that the State wanted me to give, however, I found myself not being able to do what I have been doing for 2 decades which is to sell something that I believed in. The mistake that I made is that I did not believe in the product because it went against my values.  Time and time again, I would get it all wrong. Finally, when the organization saw that I was struggling, they physically came to my house to tell me that my contract was over. I was devastated and yet there was a sense of relief that I no longer had to be subjected to attend meetings, conferences and be vested in an agenda that was not in Christ plans. I could not remain in my position because I was supposed to have the contract for an extended period of time only and learn. 

As the contract terminated, I began to lose my identity even more. On some days, I began to fall into depression, I experienced oppression on other days and feeling sorry for myself most days. The more I continued to feel this way, the more I began to have a spirit of “I CAN’T” do this or do that because I lost my joy, my confidence and unfortunately, I surrendered to the lie that Satan has for everyone (I am not worth it). It became a vicious cycle and the more I experienced this, the more I would seek the Holy Spirit & the Lord and would ask Him to give me strength to carry on. Fortunately, I learned something through this whole process. I was asking for change in my situation without really believing that there was to be any changes, by doing this I was calling my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ a liar. The spirit behind I CAN’T thinking is drawn from FEAR and it is not of God…the Bible says “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind” 2 Timothy 1:7


When I say I can’t do something because of fear and because I do not see change immediately then I am saying that God does not have POWER nor has a plan for me and that he does not know what he is doing. Is this true? No! Our actions have to match our faith in Christ. My mind had to believe that the answer was already taking place but because of the demon of fear, I began to think I CAN’T. 

When praying, not only should I claim Jesus’s promises, but also have faith and thank Him for answered prayers. Let me give you an example:

Let’s say that I would like to see a change in my healing journey and I want to be able to forgive someone who hurt me because each time I see that person, my mind draws me back to the past. So, I pray that this is removed from me. My prayer should not be only that Jesus will help me to forgive alone, but also it should be for the renewing of my mind. So, since the Lord said that we are a new Creation, I will claim his promise. So my prayer would go something like this:

Dear Heavenly Father,


I am struggling with (                     ) that has caused me pain. My Lord and Savior Jesus, you said that if I ask You then it shall be given unto me Matthew 7:7. I am asking for a renewing of my mind so that I can move forward in my healing journey. I don’t want to be conformed to this world, because I desire to be transformed in You as you have directed us to do so in Romans 12:2. Lord Jesus, I know that all things work together for good to them that love You Father, to them who are called according to Your purpose Romans 8:28. I know this because you Father God said that you have perfect plans for me Jeremiah 29:11. Lord, because of your promises, I am confident of this very thing, that You Jesus which hath begun a good work in me will perform it until the day of your soon return Philippians 1:6. Therefore Father, I will trust in You with all my heart and I will not lean on my own understanding; in all my ways I acknowledge You and I am certain that you will direct my path as you have promised. Prov. 3:5-6 All these things I pray, thank you for answering my prayers. In Jesus Name. Amen

If you noticed in Proverbs 3:5-6“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths,” there are several key elements to follow. First, we must trust in the Lord with all NOT PARTIAL but with all your heart. Then, we must not be prideful to think that we can do better on our own wisdom. Finally, we have to acknowledge His sovereignty, his precepts, and his commandments. Once this is all in place, then, He will direct our path.   

In our healing journey, we must trust completely, let go of our own prideful thinking, we must acknowledge Jesus Sovereignty and then he will direct our path, which will include a renewing of the mind, healing from the past, and be free indeed. Won’t you ask Him today to continue to heal you so that instead of saying I CAN’T you can say I can do all things through Christ Philippians 4:13? 

Should you desire to read more about the Holy Spirit and want to begin a real personal relationship with the Holy Spirit and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I invite you to the following webpage where you can find a free PDF book on the Holy Spirit by author Helmut Haubeil in any language Steps To Personal Revival 


No comments:

FAITH- Was The Apostle Paul Bi-Polar?

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”. Hebrews 1:1 In a world with so many uncerta...