Translate

Friday, March 23, 2018

(Holy Spirit & Obedience) - Free Indeed - Abundant Living After Abuse


For a long time, the word obey was not one of my favorite words. It seemed as if everything was about obeying school, parents, guardians, pastors, teachers and preachers. I had to obey day and night and I was so tired of it. It also seemed that obeying rules will be something that I was going to have to get used to even as an adult. When I had my children, they would test my patience as normal kids do. One day my eldest daughter was driving me crazy and I kept saying no to her and finally I turned to her and asked “what part of no don’t you understand?” She gave me a puzzled look and she answered the N or the O mommy. I don’t understand the question. Well, it was a rhetorical question but it made me think. When God does not answer us immediately it does not mean that he is saying no. It also means that just because we did not get what we asked for when we asked for it that we should be disobedient and do what we want. 

There is a reason that God allows us to go through what we go through when the answer seems not to come as quickly as we think they should come. It is in these trialing moments that we must be diligent in our obedience.  Disobedience is transgression against God and his Sovereignty. Before we came to Christ, there was a spiritual movement that you were not aware of. This spiritual movement was planting the seed in your heart to accept Jesus Christ and to let him into your heart and life. This spiritual movement was and still is the Holy Spirit. When the Holy Spirit comes into your life and you accepted Jesus as our Lord and Savior, then you became His witnesses. 

This is amazing, because what happens when you allow Christ into your life, you begin to change. The change is not over night but change does occur. As His witnesses, we will reflect His joy, his character and his life and this all happens when we obey. The Bibles states “And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him.” Acts 5:32

As we continue in our healing journey, take time to see what area you are lacking obedience and ask the Holy Spirit to work in your soul and in your mind so that you are able to obey what our Father desires of you. Obey is not a bad four letter word, but rather, a word that shows our love to our Sovereign Lord. Just think, if we don’t obey here on earth, will we be able to obey His laws in Heaven? The training starts here my friend. Choose this day Whom you will Serve (obey). 

Should you desire to read more about the Holy Spirit and want to begin a real personal relationship with the Holy Spirit and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I invite you to the following webpage where you can find a free PDF book on the Holy Spirit by author Helmut Haubeil in any language Steps To Personal Revival 


No comments:

FAITH- Was The Apostle Paul Bi-Polar?

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”. Hebrews 1:1 In a world with so many uncerta...