Translate

Friday, March 16, 2018

(Pray In The Spirit) - Free Indeed - Abundant Living After Abuse


There have been times in my life when I had to remain on my knees for what might have seem to others an eternity. Particularly, when I was going through my healing journey and I could not seem to find the words to pray. I would be weak and with tears running down my face, I would plead in silence what I needed. One specific moment in my life my life in the early 90’s that I was so broken one night drove up to the church and threw myself on my knees and just started crying like a baby.

My whole world was falling apart and I made some life-altering decisions that were negative for me and my children. I could not utter the words. I could just groan and cry. Have you ever found yourself in that situation? Maybe you felt this way after an abuse, rape, neglect or even bullying by someone who clearly has it in for you? What do you do when you cannot say anything or when you don’t know what to pray about? The answer is to pray in the Spirit. Yes! Praying in the Spirit does many things for you, in fact, the Bible states “Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.” Romans 8:26

The Spirit helps us when we are at our weakest, our most broken moments, in times when we cannot utter one word but just cry. This is why the Spirit is also known as The Comforter, for he comforts us in our pain, in our trials and in our tribulations. What is amazing about this verse, it shows us that the Spirit steps in and interprets for us what we cannot say.  The Spirit intercedes for us with groaning too deep for words. How amazing is this?

As you continue your healing journey you will have challenging days where it may seem that you cannot go on but know this, you can because you are in His Spirit and when you cannot find the words to pray, remember you have the Comforter and he intercedes for you. So, seek His face and learn his ways. You are more than a conqueror.

Should you desire to read more about the Holy Spirit and want to begin a real personal relationship with the Holy Spirit and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I invite you to the following webpage where you can find a free PDF book on the Holy Spirit by author Helmut Haubeil in any language Steps To Personal Revival 


No comments:

FAITH- Was The Apostle Paul Bi-Polar?

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”. Hebrews 1:1 In a world with so many uncerta...