Translate

Friday, March 2, 2018

(Holy Spirit Survival Through Revival) - Free Indeed - Abundant Living After Abuse




When I was fourteen years old, I went for an interview for a Lifeguard Aid position at the Colina Del Sol Swimming pool in San Diego, CA. I was petrified because I almost drowned twice in my lifetime and seriously did not think I could do it. During my interview the instructor asked me about my experiences in the pool, how I feel about kids, if I know CPR and of course, I did have some pool experiences because my step-grandmother lived in a complex where there was a pool. Also, kids didn’t bother me unless they were my siblings and I took CPR classes at school so I was set. The instructor then told me that I will have to show that I could swim in the deep waters and that if I could not, the instructor would have to find someone else. Well, I buckled up and threw myself at the deepest side of the pool and managed to stay afloat and swim across all the while just thinking about having fun and spending my money on clothing and school supplies for the next school season. The instructor smiled and gave me the job. I was making $800.00 a month for the summer and I was excited

In life, we are pushed into deep waters and tested in every level to see how well we run the race Hebrews 12:1-3, how well we fight the good fight 1 Timothy 6:12,  and how much we believe in our Creator Matthew 21:22. We are constantly tested and some days we can be on top of our game while other days we fail miserably. Especially, if your relationship with the Holy Spirit is damaged, marred or destroyed because of past or present abuses.

Whatever is keeping us from seeking the Holy Spirit and the opportunity to be led by Him is a core issue. These core issues do not allow us to hunger for the truth but rather hunger for comfort foods rather than powerful fruit from the Holy Spirit. The core issue may be the following (i.e. past abuses, sexual abuse, neglect, spiritual abuse, pastoral abuse, or any type of abuse) that may have caused you not to draw close to Him. In order to survive what is going on in the world today and what may be keeping you in bondage we will need a revival.

Survival through revival is the key to breaking strongholds in your lives and in the lives of others but it is not in our own power but that of the Holy Spirit who revives us, we survive because we are revived and we are revived then we are in the Holy Spirit.

That is the only way we can survive, heal, and be free indeed. As for being a Lifeguard Aid, I learned many things that summer but the one thing that really stayed with me all my life was when I was told that if a person is drowning don’t jump in a try to save the person. Instead, throw them something they can hang unto like a life raft, or a pole or a towel but don’t jump in.  The reason this made a lot of sense, that lifeguards don’t jump in and rescue is because while the person is drowning, they are in survival mode and they will latch on to anything that is around them including the person that is attempting to rescue them. So, the drowning person needs to get extremely tired or in some drastic cases, the person rescuing needs to knock out the person in order to save the person from drowning.

Have you noticed that sometimes in our lives when we are going through heavy trials that it seems that we get help when we just finally let go and let God? Well, the letting go is not in our nature to do so, after all, we are humans and we do things our way because of pride. But when we say to the Holy Spirit, I cannot be angry with this person anymore, help me to have Faith, help me heal, and then something miraculous begins in you. I promise you that what I am telling you is real. I am throwing you the life raft…the Word of God, now it is up to you to let go and ask the Holy Spirit to lead you today in your healing journey, He won’t fail you.

Should you desire to read more about the Holy Spirit and want to begin a real personal relationship with the Holy Spirit and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I invite you to the following webpage where you can find a free PDF book on the Holy Spirit by author Helmut Haubeil in any language Steps To Personal Revival 



No comments:

FAITH- Was The Apostle Paul Bi-Polar?

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”. Hebrews 1:1 In a world with so many uncerta...