Translate

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

(Trust And The Holy Spirit) - Free Indeed - Abundant Living After Abuse


When I was a child, I could not trust anyone. I thought that people always wanted to hurt me. This is understandable being that my caregivers trusted everyone with their precious treasure that being me. I strongly believe that children should be considered the most valuable treasures in the world. As I continued to grow my environment was a breeding ground for abusers, the abused, sexual perpetrators and their victims of sexual abuse, I learned to trust in me alone. No one would believe me, a little girl of five years of age that people were doing bad things to me that so I stopped talking and started taking care of me. How many of you have felt that way in your life at some point or another?

If you have been a victim of childhood traumas, sexual abuse, rape, molestation, pastoral abuse and even spousal sexual abuse, you may have learned not to trust anyone and sometimes Christ falls into this category. For a long time, I was guilty of not trusting in the Lord because of resentment and rebellion. In 1996 I began to forgive everyone who abused me as a child and as an adult but when I would even think about returning to Christ, I would rather die before I forgave him. Sadly, this went on for a long time but then in 2002 while in the occult someone began to pray for me along with others in her church. It was in the Spring of 2004 that the Holy Spirit shook my spirit in such a way that I could no longer refuse Him. I had to come to Christ and ask him for forgiveness for allowing myself to think that Christ never cared for me. Behind that faulty and misguided thinking was none other than Satan and his demons. When we have been abused, we can fall prey to Satan and his minions.

The demonic spirits work hard to keep us in bondage through our feelings. In fact, author Roger J. Morneau writes: “The spirits would encourage people to listen to their feelings instead of the word of Christ and His prophets. In no surer way could the spirits obtain control of people’s lives without the individuals realizing what was happening. The spirits would suggest all kids of erroneous doctrines and ideas, and humanity would readily accept them because they felt strongly about them.” Roger J. Morneau, A Trip into the Supernatural, Review and Herald 1982, p. 43  

Once I allowed the Holy Spirit to come into my life, I was able to trust in Christ because my mind was renewed in Him. I was not about to let my feelings dictate my life. You see, my feelings were faulty and by being faulty, I was not seeking Christ. My mind was disturbed and taxed by the onslaught of years of abuse. I needed my mind to be overhauled through the Holy Spirit and only Christ could do this. The Bible says And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” Romans 12:2

It is through the leading of the Holy Spirit that he guides us into learning more about Christ and His promises but we must have a willing and learning heart. If you are struggling with forgiveness, rebellion and bitterness because of past hurts, know this…Jesus knows your pain. No matter what you have done as a result of your abuse, Christ is waiting with open arms but we must do our part, the Bible says Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.” Acts 2:38-39

Did you catch that? Once we “repent, and be baptized ever one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost” and this is truly a gift indeed. Freedom in and through Christ is achieved through the gift of the Holy Ghost. I keep saying trust the process and it is true. Trust is a process that does not sprout overnight but in and through Christ by his gift of the Holy Ghost that he gave us when Jesus ascended into Heaven.
If you look at the picture that I provided today introducing this post, you will see vines and grapes. If you look closely, you can see real grapes verses fake grapes. When we come to Christ, the world will know who we are by our fruits that we bear and forgiveness, longsuffering, patient and other fruits will separate us from the fake fruit. The Bible says that we can bear fruit through Him and good news… we are “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing” John 15:5 superficial trust is fake fruit and it is carnal thinking. As long as our fickle feelings last, they sway back and forth like sea waves. If we let our feelings to govern us because of past abuses, we are bearing fake fruit so when we ask in His name we waiver because our faith is not strong But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.” James 1:6 We cannot be healed with superficial fruit, we must trust in the Lord with faith that He has our best interest in His heart.

Are you ready for the next phase of your healing journey? Ask the Holy Spirit for his leading and guidance to trust in Christ through your healing journey. The Bible says “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.Proverbs 3:5-6

Should you desire to read more about the Holy Spirit and want to begin a real personal relationship with the Holy Spirit and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I invite you to the following webpage where you can find a free PDF book on the Holy Spirit by author Helmut Haubeil in any language Steps To Personal Revival 


No comments:

FAITH- Was The Apostle Paul Bi-Polar?

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”. Hebrews 1:1 In a world with so many uncerta...