Translate

Friday, May 4, 2018

Declining The Royal Wedding - Free Indeed - Abundant Living After Abuse


 

I have been guilty for making up excuses why I don’t want to attend a party, wedding, baby shower, or even a funeral. With the exception of the funeral, other times I know I would have had a happy time but for whatever reason, I just did not want to go to any event. Of course, most times I had my legitimate reasons, but I just could not get myself to attend. Well, as you may have been reading, all of humanity has been invited to the Royal Wedding. This is great news! For this wedding/banquet however, no one should decline attending because whether you are aware of this or not, for this wedding, you will be forced to be a spectator or be a willing participant.Let us read a bit more from the Bible to see why it may behoove us not to decline such an invitation from our Beloved Christ Jesus.


The Parable of the Great Banquet Luke 14: 15-24

When one of those at the table with him heard this, he said to Jesus, “Blessed is the one who will eat at the feast in the kingdom of God.” Jesus replied: “A certain man was preparing a great banquet and invited many guests. At the time of the banquet he sent his servant to tell those who had been invited, ‘Come, for everything is now ready.’ “But they all alike began to make excuses. The first said, ‘I have just bought a field, and I must go and see it. Please excuse me.’ “Another said, ‘I have just bought five yoke of oxen, and I’m on my way to try them out. Please excuse me.’ “Still another said, ‘I just got married, so I can’t come.’ “The servant came back and reported this to his master. Then the owner of the house became angry and ordered his servant, ‘Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind and the lame.’ “‘Sir,’ the servant said, ‘what you ordered has been done, but there is still room.’ “Then the master told his servant, ‘Go out to the roads and country lanes and compel them to come in, so that my house will be full. I tell you, not one of those who were invited will get a taste of my banquet.’” 

Christ has for centuries upon centuries been inviting all of humanity to be prepared for the banquet but most have been declining his invitations because thus far, Christ has not come yet. As the parable of the 10 Virgins, we are to be like the wise five who were prepared. Declining is an option, it is part of our free will and so is accepting the invitation. If you have been abused, hurt, neglected and so on and so forth, you may think that God does not care…but He does. You have free will to do what you want to do but know this, at the end of the day, it is Christ Jesus who will stand and say welcome home or say I know you not. 

Christ knows your pain and if it is your pain that is keeping you from saying yes, then I ask you to ask the Holy Spirit to work in and through you. Don’t give up your opportunity to enjoy a banquet that will fill your life and quench your thirst. This is a banquet where you know that you will never shed another tear again and if you do, they will be tears of joy. So, please don’t say no to the banquet.

No comments:

FAITH- Was The Apostle Paul Bi-Polar?

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”. Hebrews 1:1 In a world with so many uncerta...