Translate

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Are You Prepared For The Royal Wedding? - Free Indeed - Abundant Living After Abuse


As most little girls, me included, think of a magical fairytale princes wedding. And if you have not taken a good look, many companies and businesses thrive in making sure that little girls…now ladies get the wedding of their dreams. With the Royal Wedding taking place this month, I would like to focus on a real and exciting Royal wedding that WE are all invited to.

When I was a little girl, I remember watching Princess Diana get married to Prince Charles. I was 14 years old and how I wanted to have a wedding like that. The subject of Princes Diana wearing white became an issue. Many doubted if she was untouched or not. Needless to say, she wore white because she had not been with a man. She was a virgin. So, this broke my heart in many levels. I did not know how I was to ever be a princess since I had so many males use me for their pleasure and up to that year, one more was doing his best to rape me many times. I felt that I was not worth being a princess and so I allowed many toads in my life. The more I allowed toads to take advantage of me the more of ever being a princess was dying and fleeting from my grips. All I ever wanted is to be loved and all I got was the opposite.  Have you ever felt this way?

So, why am I focused on A Royal Wedding? Because I have exciting news!!! Most of us may not have been invited to The Royal Wedding on May 19th but we are all invited to an even larger and more spectacular Royal Wedding than that of Harry and Meghan. Yes! You read correctly. All of humanity has been invited to a Royal Wedding and the invitation is simple. Come! What is the attire to attend, when is this wedding taking place?

The wedding date is unknown but the invitation is certain. As far as our attire is concerned, well let’s take a look in a moment. But first, let me say this. If you have been abused, neglected or unloved or sexually abused, you might hate yourself, your abuser or even God, so, I say this very carefully. No matter what you have gone through, you are fearfully and wonderfully made. You are unique, you are strong and you will get through your pain. Don’t give up, you too have been invited to the wedding and it is amazing.

Who is the bridegroom, you may be wondering? It is the Lord our God…the Bible says,  “I will rejoice greatly in the LORD, My soul will exult in my God; For He has clothed me with garments of salvation, He has wrapped me with a robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with a garland, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.” Isaiah 61:10

The attire to attend this marvelous wedding in this verse is called garments of salvation. When we accept our Lord and Savior, he will wrap us with robes of righteousness. What does that mean? He has chosen the attire that we are to wear to this Royal Wedding by covering us up to be pure again. Not that He will cover up our sins, but because of our sins and through our loyalty to him and acceptance of him, he will remove all blemishes. So, how do we become righteous again? Not by our on power but rather accepting Christ as our Lord and Savior and asking to be His.

Did you know that no matter what you have gone through in life, the pain, the hurt and the torment from being abused although you may not forget, you can be healed from the effects of these abuses? Yes, you can, and when you accept Christ into your life and begin to heal, you become a princess or a prince. Why? The Bible says that we “are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.” 1 Peter 2:9

He first loved us before we ever loved him and our Lord wants us with him and actually this is why He died on the Cross for us, so that we may be with him one day. When we have been abused, we don’t see what God has for us because of our strongholds. Once we accept Him we become royals. So my question is…are you prepared for the Royal Wedding?

No comments:

FAITH- Was The Apostle Paul Bi-Polar?

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”. Hebrews 1:1 In a world with so many uncerta...