Translate

Saturday, May 5, 2018

The Proposal - Free Indeed - Abundant Living After Abuse


One thing that I get a kick about is the many videos on proposals. There are some excellent proposals and then there are those proposals that make you cringe because the guy was shot down with an absolute NO. There have been musical proposals, mob proposals, and even sunset proposals. In fact, my husband and I were at the Santa Monica Pier one Sunday afternoon when this man got on his knees and proposed to his girlfriend right in front of us. It was so special!!!

The more elaborate the proposal the more fun it is to watch how it turns out. I imagine that some of these proposals are very costly indeed. What if I were to tell you that you have been proposed by a King, would you believe me?

Yes! The King is Christ Jesus and he proposed to humanity by going to Calvary’s Cross. This act of love began from Creation and his death symbolized that you as well as myself are invited to the Royal Wedding that He has for us. The proposal can be declined or accepted but what does it mean to accept this amazing Proposal? It means that you will continue living life but you will wait for Him. In the meantime, you will trust Him to take care of your every need. You will trust Him to love you unconditionally without reservation of what you have done and what has been done to you. That means, that you will let Him guide your life, you will build a relationship with Him, you will read His love letters the (Bible) and you will fall in love with him. Each time you read His love letters you will see how much he loves you. You will see how crazy in love he is with you.

You will read the many times he cried out for you and me. You will read what pain he had to endure for you and me. You will then read the day He laid His life for you and me and through His death, he proposed to us that we will be with Him at the Royal Wedding.

This is the Proposal “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Isn’t He Amazing? Meet me there, I pray.

No comments:

FAITH- Was The Apostle Paul Bi-Polar?

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”. Hebrews 1:1 In a world with so many uncerta...