Translate

Thursday, January 4, 2018

January 4 (Capturing Your Thoughts) Free Indeed - Abundant Living After Abuse






January 4


Have you ever sat at the foot of your bed and ask yourself “is this all life has to offer” while tears stream down your face? Have you ever seen someone enjoying their brief encounter with happiness and thought, when was the last time that I was happy? Well, just for the record, I wanted to let you know that this happens to all of us. It is a part of our lives. 

Let’s face it…humans are not exempt from pain. The problem with having feelings like these after an unwanted divorce, abuse, failed job or friendship is that if they remain constantly in the forefront of our minds, then it becomes a chronic problem that interferes with every aspect of our lives.   It is difficult to think beyond our pain, but what if I told you that life gets better, would you believe me? I should hope so! Just think of this, today will be a memory for tomorrow, yesterday’s memory are in the past, living in the yesteryears (days) cannot allow you to see the beauty of today. 


Life has a lot to offer though it may seem bleak, hopeless and unattainable at times, today can be changed by the way you think. I speak from experience because even in the present I have had things happen that leave me broken so, today, I choose to detox my mind, my negative thoughts and get grounded in the WORD. What does the Bible say about the mind and taking captive your thoughts? The scripture states in 1 Peter 1:13 Therefore, prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.”


When I moved to Southwest Iowa in 2014, I knew that God had placed my husband and me here for a reason. However, what we envisioned was not what God had planned for us exactly. What I mean is that NOTHING went well according to what we had hoped but what did go amazing well is that after 10 years of praying my husband gave himself to the Lord. What a blessing to see my husband commit to the Lord. However, once the baptize enthusiasm was over, we went through extreme HELL and our faith was shaken BUT God…made all things possible.  We had to take time to capture our thoughts and have faith that God was still in control. I am content today, although some days it is still hard for us because we are so far away fom family and civilization but God continues to show me how much he LOVES us. He is truly crazy about us and my husband and I know that we are His children. 


There is a story in the Bible about a man, his coat of many colors and who had many brothers who were jealous of him and decided to sell him (human trafficked). This story is the story of Joseph in Genesis 37. Years passed and this young man endured ups and downs. In time, he rose to be a great leader in his neck of the woods. Well, one day he was placed in a position where he had to meet his brothers again after many years of not seeing each other. During the time that passed this young man changed and grew up and these awful brothers could not recognize the man that was in front of them was indeed the brother that they human trafficked. Once it came out that this was their slaved brother the brother in the high position said to his brothers “what you meant for evil, God made it for good” Genesis 50:20.   Joseph had prepared his mind to move into action when the time was right. 


So, back to my journey today…I choose to take what negative things that come my way and see God in it. Whatever you are going through, choose today to prepare your minds and capture your thoughts and get closer to Him (Jesus). Jesus will help you.  

Only Jesus can give your true happiness and give you amazing and new memories to think on.  Jesus will equip you and give you wisdom to use as a weapon to fight the enemy who wants to control your mind always.  Get your life and your mind back through Jesus.

Remember, you can "do all things through Christ." Philippians 4:13

No comments:

FAITH- Was The Apostle Paul Bi-Polar?

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”. Hebrews 1:1 In a world with so many uncerta...