Translate

Thursday, January 11, 2018

January 11 (Un-break My Heart) - Free Indeed - Abundant Living After Abuse




January 11 




Many years ago Toni Braxton became a hit with her song “Un-break My Heart” and it hit number 3 on the Billboards. The young and more mature women were singing this song everywhere you went. The tune was quite catchy and the lyrics were very interesting.

Un-break my heart
Say you'll love me again
Undo this hurt you caused
When you walked out the door
And walked out of my life
Un-cry these tears
I cried so many nights
Un-break my heart
My heart


The lyricist for this song is Dianne Warren. I am not sure if the lyricist knew how popular this song was to become but it did. A lot of brokenhearted people were singing this song, I should know, I was one of them. So, several things that came up when I began to write this post. For one, when this song came out I was dating a preacher from the local community in San Diego, California. I thought that this guy would be the one to keep me from leaving the church completely. I trusted this guy because after all he was a preacher. In fact, his father and brother were preachers as well. This was around the time that I was in an out of the church because of many years of abuse and thought that leaving my own denomination and joining a charismatic church just may do the trick. 


This pastor was kind, knowledgeable of the word, and charming. We met while I was attempting to be a theatrical actress and he was also journeying the same path. We hit it off immediately and got very close. Eventually, we became intimately involved which left me confused. This was clearly Pastoral Abuse and I had no clue that this was even happening to me. I thought preachers are to remain pure and honor marriage vows. Well, one thing led to another and he began to change. He started smoking pot, and sleeping around. Then, he would sleep with me and preach on Sunday’s that he would never marry anyone he has gone to bed with because he wants a woman who God has for him. Yet, he would come to me when he wanted to sleep with me and tell me things that left me more confused. Then, it happened! I heard Un-Break My Heart and I would listen to this song for hours while tears streamed down my face. 


For the record, I was not nor am I now a saint, remember, we all sin and fall short Romans 3:23. In this case, I was attempting to do God’s work on my own strength and my way was absolutely all wrong.  Now, looking back I could have really done so many things better, but the most important thing I could have done would have changed my life completely was to run to the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He is the ONLY one who could have un-broken my heart and freed me from a life of sadness, depression and loneliness. 


The Bible states that Christ heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” Psalms 147:3 This is GREAT NEWS! He heals (un-breaks) our hearts and he heals us. Whatever abuse you have endured, whatever heartache you are experiencing, Christ wants to heal you. He wants to un-brake our hearts because he himself died of a broken heart so that we may have life and more abundantly. I hope you understand that it was not the nails that kept him on Calvary’s Cross but his love for all of his creation that unfortunately broke his heart. He was sent because of love to die on the cross and Christ does not wish for any of his children to remain brokenhearted after any abuse or heartbreaks.


Christ wants to un-break your heart today. No matter what your heart has endured, Christ can free you from your pain, un-break your heart and heal you. He desires to free you “therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed. John 8:36 Jesus is the ONLY one who can un-break your heart, no man can do this.


Do you desire to be free indeed?  Then, make that choice and run to Jesus and he will make it happen. I know. Life if great because I am free indeed!!! You too can be free indeed.

No comments:

FAITH- Was The Apostle Paul Bi-Polar?

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”. Hebrews 1:1 In a world with so many uncerta...