Translate

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

January 2 (Do You Know Where You're Going To?) - Free Indeed - Abundant Living After Abuse






January 2 




Over 4 plus decades ago there was a secular song called “Do You Know Where You’re Going To?” The artist who sang this melody was Diana Ross. The lyrics are pretty interesting because the singer asks questions that should make one ponder about their life and where they are headed in life. 

For us to understand where we are headed to, we must first understand where it is we will end up in life…our final destination. I say this because so many are hurting and losing courage and hope and have no clue where they are going. Sometimes it seems impossible to know where we are going when we have suffered sexual, physical,  and emotional abuse from someone who claimed to love us. We lose hope and our way and eventually our focus on the great picture. 

So, the question again to you today is, do you know where you’re going to after your abuse? Whether the abuse/abuses took place years ago or just recently, know that you are not alone. You cannot change your past, but you can surrender your heart to the Life Giver. I am sorry that you were abused, now, ask yourself, is it time to heal? How long do you spend thinking about the abuse or the abuser and what he or she is doing? If you are like me many years ago, my answer then would have been all the time. 

Remember, our focus should not be on the abuser, at first yes, the focus must be directed on making sure that he or she does not abuse again.  But then what should come next is a focus on healing. You can heal from your past, I know, it was a challenge but healing took place in 1998 for me after 2 long years of soul searching, counsel and time. 

What does healing look like for those who have been abused? For many people healing is different, but true healing is (in and through Christ). True healing is an understanding of what mercy and compassion is all about. I am speaking from my own experiences, as a victim of childhood and adult sexual abuses.  My life was so focused on those who hurt me that I could not enjoy life, make decisions and ultimately became a prisoner. In fact, I could not be in the same room as any of my abusers, the same State, same church or even breathe the same air because I loathed my abusers and myself for not being able to protect me. 

From the age of 5 to 14 I had 11 different sexual abusers so, I really had a hate toward anyone who looked, sounded or acted like those who abused me. My life became limited. In time, I left God completely and did a lot of awful things including getting into the occult because of rebellion and I did not care where I was heading to.

You could say that my focus was on me. My life and heart were troubled. It was not until I came back to the Lord in 2004 that I gave everything to Him, my pain, my bitterness, my broken heart and much more. I began to understand where I wanted to be but because of abuse my heart was troubled and I was unfocused and could not see my final destination. Our Lord knows our pain, he knows our sorrows and he knows our tomorrows. 

The Bible says in John 14: 1-4 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know.”

Did you get that? Focusing on Christ and knowing that He knows that our hearts are troubled, we have lost hope and have become a shell should bring comfort to us because He knows the plans that he has for us. But we must focus on him and believe in him and He will direct our path, the Bible says “trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6

When I hear that a child was sexual abused it triggers memories. Memories of my abuse do come and go sometimes, but my feelings toward them are not to get the persons back who hurt me but rather place my abusers in prayer and continue with my day because life goes on one day at a time. 

So, do I know where I’m going to? Yes! Jesus said that where I am (Jesus), there Vivionne Grace Keli may be also.” Once you surrender/submit to Jesus all your pain and hurt, he will make a way so that your healing can begin then you can be a voice for another soul who has been abused. You can be the turning point for someone. Don’t let another day go unfocused because of a molester, abuser or hater who tried to define you in his or her perverted ways. 

You know the way, follow it and remember Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.” 

If you feel that you have lost your way because of abuse ask God to give you a new map that includes Him...because he is the ONLY way.

No comments:

FAITH- Was The Apostle Paul Bi-Polar?

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”. Hebrews 1:1 In a world with so many uncerta...