Translate

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

(A Merry Heart) Free Indeed - Abundant Living After Abuse



How can we have a merry heart in the midst of adversity? How can we count it all joy when your spouse, your friends, family and acquaintances seem to drive you crazy? How about having a cheerful countenance when you were let go from your job and you are the only provider in your household? When you are in sorrow because of the loss of a relationship, a marriage or the death of a loved one and your spirit is broken, who do you turn to?

These questions are questions that I have had to face in my lifetime and they are never easy. I remember many years ago, I was faced with a big dilemma. We were about to lose everything that we had, our business, our reputation, our friends, our home and all the investments we put in our business. It was during this time that I was in the occult and money was my god. So, when the Lord started to call me to return to him, he allowed things to get my attention but I was stubborn and more stubborn was my husband because he never was a Christian and Satan wanted for my husband to remain not knowing Christ and me in total rebellion toward Christ. The business was facing the inevitable and there was no way to stop it. No positive mental thoughts, no spirits and no one could prevent the business from failing. One day out of pure desperation, I sat in my living room, listening to the ocean sway back and forth, and I started to speak, out loud, to God.

If you really exist, you need to show me. I am not talking to just any god; I am talking to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. If you really exist you will need to show me and let me know who you really are. My tarot cards speak to me, the spirits led me and I have visions…but you have not shown me who you really are, I am not attempting to tempt you but the god of my family has never been there for me so my conclusion is that it could not be the same God of Israel. I do not know who you really are God, and it’s been a long time since I have asked for help. Show yourself to me; let me know that you are listening. I am about to lose my business and health, not to mention my husband’s investment.

As I opened up my heart and told God how I felt about Him and that I could forgive everyone else except Him, a peace entered me. I cried and begged for some sort of acknowledgement and within my spirit, a gentle voice unlike any other voice said, open the Bible to Matthew 6:28, and read. I was perplexed and asked “what?” Where am I going to find a Bible? Then I remembered that Nelda, my stepmother gave me a Bible the previous year, and I thought at that time, why would she do this? I remember placing the Bible in one of the boxes so I frantically began to look for the Bible, thinking all along, what if there isn’t a Matthew 6:28 at all and I am just wasting my time? But I pressed on, because my curiosity got the best of me and finally, I found the Bible. Now, the Bible was in my hand and I was trembling with joy and anxiousness because I thought again what if there isn’t a (Matthew 6:28)? What if this is all a hoax? What if…Lastly, I opened the Bible with tears welling up in my eyes, hoping that God would not have led me on a wild goose chase. I was saying what will your Word do for me, am I about to lose everything I have worked so hard for? 

Then I read the first verse:  “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added to you.” (Matthew 6:28-33)

When I got to verse 33 and read “but seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.” I slammed the Bible shut and I stood very still. A fear entered my heart because only then was I able to see how deep into hell I had fallen.  I couldn’t believe that the Bible actually spoke. Why do I worry? I was so confused… I asked God to show Himself and now He did but how do I know it is not a fluke? That night, the demons were not at all happy and the torment was unbearable. “How could you” one demon would question? “Where was your God when you were a child,” another demon questioned?

I had a broken spirit and there was no way that I could have a cheerful countenance at the specific time. The struggle to break free from Satan’s grips was real and was a time that I saw the battle firsthand. This story on my conversion can be found in my book Awaken The Silence to find out more how God through the Holy Spirit was able to break free. Fortunately, I survived the exit from the occult and now I am in Christ since 2004.

We go through heavy attacks on a daily basis and for me the way that I can achieve a merry heart is to remember where God has taken me out from. When I really think of how I used to be and now where Christ has me through the leading of the Holy Spirit it creates a merry heart in me and my sorrows seems to dissipate because I know where I used to be. The Bible says A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.” Proverbs 15:13 

It is a process that cannot be done without the leading of the Holy Spirit. A merry heart does change your attitude and can be achieved by the renewing of your mind and heart through the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ for “The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” Psalms 34:14  

We are all going through something and fighting the demons in our lives within our own power and this is setting us up for failure. Whatever you are struggling with today, you can give it to Christ by asking the Holy Spirit to lead you. This world does not have anything to give us of value if we are to lose our souls because of it. My husband and I lost everything and my husband is no longer making what he used to make and yes, Satan has attacked him severely but my husband has given his life to Christ and was baptized April 19, 2014 in the midst of all our loses. What an amazing God we serve.

You are not alone, so choose today whom you will serve and see the possibilities in your life. Get your life back, get your mind back and get a cheerful heart in Christ through the leading of the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

FAITH- Was The Apostle Paul Bi-Polar?

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”. Hebrews 1:1 In a world with so many uncerta...