Translate

Thursday, February 1, 2018

(The Heart of The Matter) - Free Indeed - Abundant Living After Abuse




February 1 




When I was a young girl I heard a song called “The Boy’s Name Was Steve” by Andrus, Blackwood & Company. The Lyrics are as follow:
The boy's name was Steve
He wasn't quite five
And when we found him that day
He was barely alive
Just an old pair of jeans
A face filled with fear
Dirty bare feet
And eyes filled with tears
And what he said

He said
Please, won't somebody love me?
Please, won't somebody love me?

I've been all over town 
And I still haven't found
Anybody to say
Come over to my house and stay
Please, won't somebody love me?

Does it ever make you wonder
How Jesus must feel
Every time that He sees
Somebody like Steve
O you might be surprised
If you only knew
How often the Lord feels the same way too
And how many times He's cried out to you

Crying
Please won't somebody love Me
Please, won't somebody love Me
I've been all over town and I still haven't found
Anybody to say
Come over to my house and stay
Please, won't somebody love Me?

When I would sing this song, I would find myself crying during the part where Steve in the song would ask “won’t somebody love.” With the many years of abuse, I thought that I was not loved and in time I believed that Christ did not love me as well. How wrong I was to believe this lie. The heart of the matter in my case, I really did not know if someone loved me and this mattered to His heart. Every time I shed a tear, was in pain or felt alone it mattered to Christ. After all, did he not come to this rogue planet, endured pain, suffering so that I (Vivionne) could have a life and more abundant?
 
Whatever your name is, Christ knows your heart and knows what you have gone through in your life and it matters to him. If you are someone like Steve and feel that no one loves you know this “The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing” Zephaniah 3:17 and this is amazing.

The God of the Universe is with us, he will save us and he rejoices in us and for us. He loves us so much that the Lord even sent his only begotten Son to die for you and me. God is head over heels for us and you matter to him.I am loved and I am loving it. No one will ever love me like my Lord and Savior loves me and I am so grateful.

Your heart matters to Him, will you trust him to love you?

No comments:

FAITH- Was The Apostle Paul Bi-Polar?

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”. Hebrews 1:1 In a world with so many uncerta...