Translate

Friday, February 16, 2018

(The Manic Heart) - Free Indeed - Abundant Living After Abuse



What is the definition of the manic heart? This is not a psychological assessment by any means or medical recommendation, but my definition comes from years of working with individuals who have been diagnosed with manic disorders. From my own experience the manic heart is generated by our thoughts and if not honed, can have our hearts vacillating between (hopelessness, happiness, sadness, irritability, and in some cases suicidal).

In our spiritual walk we are faced with many things in our lives that can cause us to have a manic heart. A manic heart and our thoughts work hand in hand and when our thoughts are not focused on the Peace Giver, we lose our peace. I experience a manic heart when I lose control of my situations and then I begin to think what a (loser I am, what I could have done differently, and how I am to come out of this situation or that situation am). These thoughts are not thoughts from my Creator but rather that of the accuser of the brethren. For a brief moment, I question my faith by questioning God’s plan for me and this is when I have to seek the Holy Spirit and ask him for faith. The Bible says that we should ask for faith “But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.” James 1:6

When I am feeling helpless, hopeless and sadness, it is an indication that my Lord is not in the center of my life and I must ask for faith. I ask the Holy Spirit, help me believe when the waves come crashing in and that I may not waver in my faith. By the end of February 2018, I must make a life altering decision and right now I am seeking the Holy Spirit, getting closer to Christ and asking for faith to do His Will.

Did you lose your job and don’t know when you will work again, meanwhile you are about to lose everything you have worked for? Are you having marital problems and it seems that there is no way out but through divorce? Did you find out that someone betrayed you and you don’t know how to handle your situation? You can’t shake your past and things continue to trigger you?

Where ever you find yourself today, if you need to make any major or small decisions seek His face diligently and allow Him to lead your footsteps. Ask in faith not wavering and see what amazing things He will do for you. Hold on to His promises. 


No comments:

FAITH- Was The Apostle Paul Bi-Polar?

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”. Hebrews 1:1 In a world with so many uncerta...